Citizenship Law, September 15, 1935
The Reichstag has unanimously enacted the following law, which is promulgated herewith:
- A subject of the State is a person who enjoys the protection of the German Reich and who
in consequence has specific obligations towards it.
- The status of subject of the State is acquired in accordance with the provisions of the
Reich and State Citizenship Law.
- A Reich citizen is a subject of the State who is of German or related blood, who proves
by his conduct that he is willing and fit faithfully to serve the German people and Reich.
- Reich citizenship is acquired through the granting of a Reich Citizenship Certificate.
- The Reich citizen is the sole bearer of full political rights in accordance with the
The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer will
issue the Legal and Administrative orders required to implement and complete this Law.
Nuremberg, September 15, 1935, at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom
The Führer and Reich Chancellor Adolf Hitler
The Reich Minister of the Interior Frick